Learn about accidents, mistakes, mishaps, foul ups, near misses, silo explosions, lost warheads and more scary human error nuclear weapons FUBAR the government hopes you never become aware of.
- Stanislav Petrov – The Man Who Saved The World - In September of 1983 the world was saved from nuclear war by a Soviet officer who successfully detected a false alarm in the Soviet early warning system.
- The Black Brant Scare Near Miss - A scientific research rocket launched from Norway almost led to the end of the world.
- NORAD Detects An Incoming Soviet First Strike - In November of 1979 someone mistakenly inserted a training tape in to the NORAD early warning system, an error which convinced operators a nuclear first strike by the Soviet Union was underway.
- The First Lost Nuke - In February 1950 a Convair B-36B bomber jettisoned the nuclear weapon it was carrying when the plane's engines caught on fire.
- Buzz One Four B-52 Crash - In 1964 a B-52 carrying two nuclear weapons broke apart in a storm and crashed about 100 miles from Washington D.C.
- The Lost Nuclear Weapon Near Savannah Georgia - A lost nuclear bomb has been in the ocean off Savannah Georgia since 1958.
- The Day We Dropped Nukes On North Carolina - In 1961 a B-52 broke up in flight over North Carolina accidentally releasing nuclear bombs that almost detonated.
- The Damascus Arkansas Titan Missile Explosion - In September 1980 a simple mistake by a crewman working in a missile silo at Damascus Arkansas caused a liquid fuel explosion which ejected the ICBM and it's attached 9 megaton nuclear bomb from the silo.